COVID-19 guidance and your museum visit
- We are limiting numbers to keep visitors safe. There will be a limit of 5 households or ‘bubbles’ in the museum at any one time. We may have to ask you to wait to enter the museum, so please come ready for the weather as there is no shelter outside.
- Masks are required so please bring one. We will not be selling or offering masks, but several local shops in Kingsbridge are selling them if you forget yours. You are not required to wear a mask if you are under 11 or if you are exempt for medical reasons.
- You will need to sanitise your hands on entry and there are further sanitising points around the museum, including one next to our photo search kiosks.
- We will be recording contact details from the lead visitor as part of the NHS Track and Trace scheme. This data will be kept safely for 21 days from your visit and then destroyed in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Our toilets are open for visitors to use.
- Increased museum cleaning is in place to help keep visitors safe.
- Please keep within your group and be mindful of social distancing.
- Please follow the designated route around the museum.
- Activities for families: we have had to remove our activity table and dressing up box, but we are still offering quizzes and trails. These come with a pencil that will be cleaned before use and quarantined for 72 hours after use.
- We can still accept payments in cash but card payments are preferable.
Local Heritage Resource Centre
The Local Heritage Resource Centre is now open to researchers on an appointment only basis.
- Please contact us at email@example.com or call 01548 853235 at least 24 hours in advance to make an appointment.
- When you make an appointment it is helpful to know what you are looking for, so that we can try and find any relevant material in advance.
- Please wear a mask in the Resource Centre unless you are exempt, and sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
- Contact details will be recorded for NHS Track & Trace purposes. This data will be kept safely for 21 days from your visit and then destroyed in accordance with GDPR regulations, unless we need to retain it in order to follow up on your research.
- Research assistance is available.
- Increased cleaning procedures are in place.
- Documents used in your research will be quarantined for 72 hours before return to their home locations or re-use, so this may affect your access to a specific document.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any other queries or requirements – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01548 853235.