Monday, Tuesday, Thursday : 10.00am – 12.00 noon
Wednesday (Extended hours) : 10.00am – 3.00pm
The Centre is open all year – except for the Christmas period.
Other times can be arranged by appointment.
Research assistance is available.
Visitors have access to the following databases and facilities:
- Collections (including archives and over 24,000 photographs)
- Local History and Heritage (including maps, books, directories, etc.)
- Tithe maps and apportionments
- Local newspapers from 1855, on our microfilm reader/printer
- Local Parish Registers, on microfiche
- Kingsbridge Grammar School records
- 1851 & 1881 Census printout of local parishes
- Monumental inscriptions
We are also an access point for some Devon Heritage Centre archives.
Donations are requested for use of the Resource Centre. There are set charges for photocopying, printing and for use of the Microfilm reader, from 10p per photocopy.
Friends of the Museum and LHRC are entitled to FREE admission and use of the Resource Centre. To find out about becoming a Friend, download and print a form HERE. Apply for membership in advance or when you visit.
We also sell a range of historic photographs of the local area. Click HERE to view.
The Museum is run by an independent charitable trust, and its operations are not funded by national nor local authority. It therefore relies on your support through admissions, charging for services and donations etc. to enable us to continue to collect, preserve and share this history of the South Hams.