RESEARCH UPDATE 2022
The Local Heritage Resource Centre is open to the public by appointment. Please give us 24 hours notice to make an appointment, so that we can make sure that any material you want to see is available, and that there is a researcher to help you. We are happy to answer queries by email if you are not able to visit (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Research assistance is available.
Visitors have access to the following databases and facilities:
- Collections (including archives and over 40,000 photographs)
- Local History and Heritage (including maps, books, directories, etc.)
- Tithe maps and apportionments
- Local newspapers from 1855, on our microfilm reader/printer
- Local Parish Registers, on microfiche
- Kingsbridge Grammar School records
- 1851 & 1881 Census printout of local parishes
- Monumental inscriptions
And more …
We are also an access point for some Devon Heritage Centre archives.
Donations are requested for use of the Resource Centre. There are set charges for photocopying, printing and for use of the Microfilm reader, from 10p per photocopy.
Friends of the Museum and LHRC are entitled to FREE admission and use of the Resource Centre. To find out about becoming a Friend, download and print a form HERE. Apply for membership in advance or when you visit.
We also sell a range of historic photographs of the local area. Click HERE to view.
The Museum is run by an independent charitable trust, and its operations are not funded by national nor local authority. It therefore relies on your support through admissions, charging for services and donations etc. to enable us to continue to collect, preserve and share the history of the South Hams.